Saturday, September 21, 2013

I need a maid.

Or someone to sleep for me so I can clean. lol The amount of mess and chaos that comes with 4 kids and a man-child drives me a little batty. It seems I'm always cleaning. BUT I'm trying to not do that because realistically I can't and 2) we can't live in a museum. I'm found that I can handle some mess in most of the house but not the kitchen and the living room must be picked up before we go to bed. So now that I'm letting go in other areas, I really only focus on the one area I am (as my adoring husband says) unreasonably insane about. lol Can't win 'em all.

I haven't done Yoga since the kids got back 8/27. It's a bummer but no time. And now with the little girls alternating their nap schedules, I'm trying to use that time to work in bible study because even that is falling to the wayside some days as I the little girls are already awake when my alarm goes off. I have a hard enough time trying to force myself to focus for 30 minutes and if the girls are already awake, I can just forget it because it won't happen and I'll just frustrated.

On a side note, I've discovered the best part about iOS 7 and that is iTunes radio. Their 90's station has a GREAT variety of all the big hits from rock to pop to rap. This is the decade I LOVE. I would LOVE to have been 16 in 1991 and REALLY enjoyed that whole decade. As it was, I was 6-16 so I still got to experience a lot of it. I STILL watch a lot of 90's movies, and shows both on VHS (yep, we still have 2 vcr's and a good amount of movies and old school fat-white-case Disney hits) and netflix or dvd. I love the fashion, music, lack of being "plugged in", freedom and safety, if you will. My grandma used to let me walk 1/2 to school by myself in the first grade, play outside until it got dark and go to the park across the street. Now there's  NO way I would let my kids do that. Heck, they JUST earned the freedom to play in the back yard as long as I'm in the living room or kitchen. They have to prove they can follow the rules and I had to wait until I knew what the activity was like in this neighborhood. If we lived ON base or in a small town, I would be a little more relaxed. Anyway, I loved the 90's but my favorite part was the music. I LOVE 90's rock, pop, dance, rap, country etc. Who names a band Chumbawumba? lol. Sigh. So much of today's music is so angry and it all sounds the same. Every other song. At home and with the kids around especially we only listen to country and Christian. My redneck husband doesn't like anything else so I oblige him a lot because it's easier then him complaining when I put my stuff on. But I am just in love with the variety of iTunes radio. I've been listening to the station for a total of 3 hours off and on all day and not a single repeat of song or artist.

I picked up a bunch of my favorite 90's kid movies today. My Girl, Homeward Bound, It Takes Two, Space Jam and The Never Ending Story (which is technically an 80's movie) but I saw it in my 90's childhood. I loved the 90's so much that I married someone born in 1990. lol.

I can't focus anymore tonight. Too much else going on. Another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment