Yes, I am a NASCAR junkie. In the last 3 months, I have been COMPLETELY sucked into the sport. The only other sport I love half as much is football but I REALLY love NASCAR.
I catch a lot of flack for being a NE Patriots fan being a San Diego native. But rooting for the Chargers means accepting loss a lot and never going to the Superbowl. Well, not never but slim chances. The Pats have had their ups and downs in for the last 14 years, I've been a loyal fan. But something about Nascar has just sucked me in and so I am a Jimmie Johnson fan as he is also a San Diego local. I chose him as my driver BEFORE I even knew his stats so I am NOT a bandwagon-er. lol. I blame my dear friend Sherry and her husband.
This past weekend was a very important race. The last race before the Chase (otherwise known as the playoffs). There was blatant cheating. An entire team worked together to fix the race. The lack of integrity and dirty foul play was terrible!
As someone who places a high value on honesty, fairness and integrity I was angry. MY driver was not involved at all, thankfully. I don't know why I opted to open this post with that but maybe it's because I've read tons of articles about it in the last 2 days.
I started counseling again today. And after going off and on for 25 years, she may be the first counselor that may be able to help me. At least it seems like it. It's also a Christian based counseling center so I really like that as well. She gave me homework. I'm to come up with three goals I want to get out of my sessions. And she also diagnosed me with ADHD (after 45 mins. sheesh). I know I have ADD but I didn't realize I still had the hyperactive part. I thought we grew out of that in the teenage years. Guess not. She said that is why I talk constantly, can't sit still, can't relax, and am constantly, go, go, go. Now, to learn to live with it.
It's almost 1030. I told myself I'd be in bed before then tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment